Monday, May 12, 2008

5.12.08 - Reflection on Chiang Mai








We've left our precious friends at Agape. They are so dear, so thoughtful and so talented.

Our last day there was beautiful and challenging. I had frequently drawn copies of photos that the kids and Nannies brought me, but the last day after class, a few kids bought me photos of their families. My heart ached drawing these images.

One of the photos looked like it was taken only months ago, for the girl was in the photo with the family. Her eyes were red and worn, apparently from crying. Her dad was sitting to her right with his hands in his own lap, her mom was to the right with her hands in her own lap, and further to the right was the grandmother with a hand reaching over the mom to touch this girl on the knee. It was a loaded image.

Another girl had me draw a wallet size photo of her dad.

Michelle's group performed their dance brilliantly. It was so entertaining and attractive that even some of the boys joined in at the end. But I will let Michelle tell you more about it.

Early Sunday Morning our gracious and generous hosts helped us to the train station. And here we are now in Chiang Rai. But our adventures here will be left for a different post.

Until then,

Luke

P.S. the photo of the kids drawing that bearded guy is them doing my portrait. so great. In Thai the band's name, on my shirt, is pronounced "pedraladalalalada". (smile)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am moved to tears. God bless you two in this next chapter. We love and miss you.

Mom L

✙ patron saint of ulster ✙ said...

what mum said. we love you! so proud of you and all that you are doing! i hope you got a chance to see the pictures of your kitties and people and the cities in springtime!
love
rachel